Saturday, June 23, 2012

It be cray!

Hoooooooooooly cow.  My schedule for this term is insane!  Pathology Monday/Wednesday mornings, Reiki Tuesday/Thursday mornings, Nutrition Tuesday/Thursday afternoons, Theory of Asian Bodywork Friday mornings, and Saturday morning massage lab.  Thankfully, this should be the only term that's like this -- the rest should be more tame.  It was going to happen with one of my terms eventually, so I just decided to get it out of the way.  And it won't be the entire term, just the first six-week session.  (Two six-week sessions to one 12-week term.)

I really like all of my classes so far, though.  I really, really enjoyed my massage lab.  I haven't worked on anybody since Massage Essentials ended in May, so I was really nervous and worried that I'd forget things.  But once I got back into it, it just flowed.  It was really nice.  I even got a great client evaluation and a tip!  :)  I'm really excited to go back next week -- we get the option to bring our own music selections, and I have quite the number of relaxing albums and playlists.

I also bought a really gorgeous rose quartz stone at the store after lab.  I originally just went in to let the receptionist know of one Saturday where I wouldn't be in (the week of GenCon), but there was a small tray of various stones sitting on the counter that caught my eye.  A larger piece of rose quartz just seemed to call to me.  It's about the size of my palm.  When I picked it up, it just felt amazing.  Rose quartz is a great stone for your heart chakra and drawing all kinds of love into your life.  It's a really happy stone.  This particular one just vibrates for me.  It fills me with joy every time I look at it and hold it.  And it feels especially great to hold it to my heart chakra.  This is one of the many reasons I absolutely LOVE stones -- you never know when one will come into your life at just the right time, bringing you exactly what you need in that moment.

My best (male) friend Troy graduated with his master's degree today!  I'm so happy for and proud of him.  Makes me think that maybe after my HHP program I should get my bachelor's -- possibly in dietetics.  Nutrition has always interested me, and it goes really well with my eventual career goal, which I realize I have not posted yet.  But then again, I only really recently realized it.

So...I eventually want to own my own practice, but for animals.  Holistic healing for just about any and every animal out there, plus dog and cat kenneling, horse boarding, and dog and horse training.  Maybe even a line of natural dog/cat/horse treats?  And I'm even tossing around the idea of becoming an equine chiropractor.  It's not solid just yet, and I don't really have a plan to get there, but just speaking it into existence and directing energy to this is already a big step.

And I may even come back to Mueller to teach.  I know I definitely want to tutor next session/term for A&P and probably Pathology once I complete it.  I was worried about the science courses since the only one I've ever had previously was high school biology, but it turns out that I'm loving them.  Definitely a pleasant surprise.  My experience at Mueller has definitely been enlightening so far.  I'm learning a lot about myself, about what I want out of life.  It's certainly been the right choice for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment