Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Update!

It's been awhile since my last post, so I figured it was high time I made a new one.

School started September 8th. I have Speed I at 7:30 (ick), Real-Time Concepts at 12:40, and Technical Dictation online. So far, it's going well, but there's a lot of homework to do for all three classes. It keeps me pretty busy. I had to quit at Lithia because of the courseload, actually. Also because the work environment there was less-than-tolerable (on the VW/Audi side, anyway). I'll miss the money, but having a whole bunch more free time to focus on school? Yes, please!

So I'm pretty sure I sprained my left wrist/hand yesterday. I tripped up some steps and fell forward. Of course, I caught myself with my hands, but my left hand was holding my keys. Owie. I got a splint from Walgreen's which makes it feel much better, but writing on my steno machine is a problem. If I write with it on, I'm not nearly as fast or accurate as I am with it off. But when it's off, it really hurts. Damned if I do, damned if I don't...

Let's see, what else...oh, Jon and I went to the Twin Cities a couple weeks ago to see a Twins game. Target Field is AMAZING. I really, really love it. Definitely the nicest baseball stadium I've ever been in. Don't get me wrong, I love Wrigley for its charm and character and history, but you just can't beat a brand spanking new baseball stadium with all the bells and whistles. We're going to Kansas City to see them play the Royals in about two weeks. That's another new stadium for me!

Well, I think that about does it for this post. I won't end with a promise to update this more often, because we've all seen how well I keep that promise. ;)

1 comment:

  1. So happy to hear that you guys are going to try to make it work! Despite the fact that I've only met him the one time, you guys obviously adore each other.

    Hope your hand/wrist gets better soon. :(

    ReplyDelete