Saturday, July 24, 2010

Kso.

I am probably the worst blogger in the history of bloggers. I say I'm going to try to keep this updated, and then I don't. Then when I eventually get around to updating it, I have a LOT to say and it ends up being a very long post that I'm sure most people don't even take the time to read. However, this keyboard I'm using in the guest room at Jon's parent's house is amazingly quiet and smooth, so I won't mind typing out a huge post. :)

So my last post was July 4...what's happened since then?

I suppose my biggest piece of news is that I'm now gainfully employed! I'm a receptionist with Lithia Motors, an Audi/VW/Acura dealership. It's mostly answering the phone, filing, and a bit of cashiering -- nothing I haven't done before. My first official day was yesterday, but I mostly just did paperwork, some videos, a drug test, and a bit of training. I'm kind of getting thrown into the lion's den on Monday. Apparently Monday is really busy, and VW/Audi is always busier than Acura. Guess who's working 3-8 Monday at VW/Audi? Yep. Hopefully I survive!

I wasn't cast for The Drowsy Chaperone, but even as disappointing as it is, it really did free me to take the job at Lithia without worrying about scheduling conflicts and such. Also, I did get a callback, which is encouraging. I think this casting decision was just the fact that there were only a certain number of roles to be filled and there was a huge amount of talent wanting to fill them. Perhaps if I have time between school and work, I'll be on the crew.

I'm currently in Minnesota. Jon and I are up here for the weekend. I met his parents and childhood friends for the first time. I was a little nervous, but his parents are pretty nice people. Jon's dad can really grill a nice steak! :) Then we went to a BBQ at one of Jon's friend's houses...ate good food, sat and talked, played catch, sat in the hot tub, played Rock Band...yeah, it was a good time.

Jon's officially leaving in November. I'm glad he got the extra two months, but it's still sad. I'm not looking forward to it at all. Overall, though, I'm so grateful that I took the chance with him. We knew it would happen at the start, but I would've missed out on so much had I let fear hold the reins. It's going to be hard to let him go, but at least we'll have a lot of great memories and gratitude for one another. We won't be bitter or jaded. That's probably the best way to go about it, I think.

Anyway, enough of that depressing matter. I'm heading to bed with about 70 eagles guarding me. I'm not exaggerating. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment