Saturday, March 13, 2010

World's worst blogger!

Yes, yes I am.

So...surprisingly, not a lot has happened between now and January 29. Seriously. At least, not to me.

I'm currently writing this from the Hilton at Eagen, MN, which is a suburb of the Twin Cities. Jon and I are here on a weekend trip, which has been pretty good so far. We got to the hotel around 3:00 p.m., checked in, and went to the Mall of America for a couple of hours.

Oh. My. God. That place is effing huge and extremely hot. I wore a sweater and was regretting it the entire time. Unfortunately, it was so busy there that we didn't really do any shopping. And we were very dismayed to see that Camp Snoopy had been replaced with Nickelodeon Universe. Apparently, Peanuts is no longer good enough for the youth of the nation.

So we went back to the hotel for a nap and then got dinner at Ruby Tuesday's. We never seem to get good service at sit-down restaurants (except for once at IHop back when we first started dating), and this was no exception. It was probably a good ten minutes from the time we sat down to when our drink/food order was taken. After that, the waiter actually provided amazing service, and for the most part, the food was also really good. My steak was not, however. Charbroiled on the outside, well-done on the inside when I had ordered medium. Yuck.

We're now back in our hotel in a food coma. I'm not as bad off as Jon is, so I'm itching to go downstairs and take a dip in the pool/hot tub. Jon, however, is not quite so enthused.

Tomorrow, we're going to go to the zoo, and weather permitting, see the sights of downtown St. Paul. Then off to a Wild game, and then back to Ames. Should be a great time!

I ended the winter term with an A in Theory II and a B+ in Microeconomics. This term seems to be getting off to a rather easy start. I've already gotten 100%'s on the first theory and brief form tests in Theory III. Computer-Aided Transcription has been bore-snore, so looks like an easy A is on the horizon. Math for Personal Finance is actually the class I'm having the most trouble with, but it's not really trouble per se. At first I thought it might be, but the professor is really thorough and patient with people who haven't had a math class in five years (AKA me!). So it looks like school is going to be just fine this term. I'm not exactly thrilled by staying in the same room from 7:30 - 10:30 a.m. but eh, whaddya do?

Other than that...I don't have much else to talk about. I can try to keep this more updated but as I'm sure you know by now, that may or may not occur.

Lolz.

No comments:

Post a Comment