Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Wow.

I have decided I am the world's worst blogger. Oh well.

My holidays were pretty nice. I got two really great big presents (a printer and a GPS) and a bunch of smaller but very nice presents as well. I spent a good deal of time with my family and a little with Amy. I had a casual New Year's staying in and playing 1 vs. 100. (Casual = lame) Oh well, there's always next year!

Since then, school has been my main focus. Theory's slowly getting more challenging, but each time I practice, it gets a bit easier. I'm still getting great grades in both theory and economics, so yay me. I've been volunteering here and there with the ARL for my service learning. It's such fun to work with those dogs, but it makes me want one SO MUCH. There's this dog at another shelter nearby, a female white German shepherd, that I want so badly. Stupid lack of money. Stupid lack of a dog-friendly apartment. I suppose if I do get a sweet job I can work from home with, getting a dog will likely be my first objective after moving into a dog-friendly place somewhere.

I've also been thinking lately about where I want to live after graduation. Sure it's a year or two away (well, I'll probably have my associate's in a year, and my bachelor's in another year), but it'll be here before I know it, I'm sure. If I'll be able to live basically where I want, well, the possibilities are fairly endless, right? I've been taking all sorts of quizzes online, and most of them point to So. Cal -- warm weather, beaches, a more liberal/diverse population...it's enticing. If I'm able to afford the high cost of living there, why not? Other popular answers were Virginia Beach/Norfolk and multiple locations in Texas. One that I found particularly interesting and enticing was Little Rock, AR. The only thing is that it's landlocked. I want to live somewhere close to a beach, or at least within a short driving distance so you could make a long weekend out of a beach trip. Maybe I'll have to save up some money for a year or two first, but I suppose I could tolerate a couple more Iowan winters. :)

I'm just rambling now. I think I'll take a stab at the dishes before I hit the sack. Poor sink is overflowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment