Thursday, November 26, 2009

Mini-Rant

Dear Unnamed Family Member,

First of all, I am not required nor do I want to spend every waking second of my day with you, even if I don't see you all that often in the first place. I am an independent and introverted person by nature. I spend the majority of my days alone. I am perfectly content with this. I have spent a great deal of my time lately with my family because of Thanksgiving, and it's only a matter of time before I'll want some space to myself for awhile. This does not mean I don't love you. This does not mean I don't love any of my other family members. It's just who I am.

And so, the fact that most of my time is not spent with other people does not mean I am suffering from depression. And when I tell you I don't have depression because I enjoy being alone a great deal of the time, I am not in denial. I know myself a lot better than you do, so please don't act like you know what's best for me. Please take your unsolicited advice and stop pestering the crap out of me.

Thanks,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment