Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Phew!

It's been a minute since I've updated this thing, huh?? Let's recap.

I withdrew from the court reporting program this term. After waffling about every term wondering if the major was for me, I finally gave it a lot of consideration. I decided that it really wasn't. Sure, I was good at it, but I was growing to resent everything about it -- practicing, the actual machine, etc.

I landed a sweet full-time administrative assistant job with the Davis Brown Law Firm downtown. I did enjoy the legal aspect of court reporting, and am thinking that maybe after a few years, I can go back to school and get a legal assistant certificate or degree and see about being a paralegal with DB. Or I might stick with this position for awhile. Who knows? It'll unfold in time.

I also moved into a house with a roommate in the Easter Lake area. It's actually a great deal. $400 includes all utilities plus full run of the house (minus the roomie's room, of course), including a spot to park in the attached two-car garage and high-speed internet. Plus I was able to adopt a cat. He's awesome. I named him McGee. :)

That about wraps it up for me. I'll try to keep this a little more updated. So I guess expect another post next month. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment