Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Stuff.

Well, I'm still after that last testimony take. I transcribed two last week -- one in Speed II (the one I need) and one in Speed III for laughs. I got a T for the Speed III one, but no surprises there. I got a 95.34 percent on my Speed II -- so close!! That was a very frustrating moment, but I quickly fueled it into motivation to practice instead of dwelling on how close I was. I have about three more chances to get it before the term ends. If I don't, it won't be the end of the world, just kind of inconvenient because I won't be able to start any bachelor courses next term as planned. But hey, if I'm that close, I must be ready for it.

I got my ears pierced this weekend! I had them done in junior high at Claire's, but I let them close up. After many months of debating, I finally made the decision to go through with it. Here are the results!



I hadn't been expecting rings, but the professional piercer I went to explained how the rings allowed the ear to swell around them and contract as it needed to during the healing process, while studs could often just keep the ear swollen around them and delay the healing. They'll be healed in 15 days, and I can change them next month, 30 days after I received the piercing. I figured that was a pretty good deal. I can handle the rings for a month and then change them to whatever I'd like. I just have to have something in them 24/7 for the next six months to let the holes establish themselves.

I was really, really happy I went the professional route. The lady (I didn't catch her name) was super nice and explained every single thing to me. It wasn't totally painless, but she had been doing piercings for a long time and was very good at it. The holes look even and the piercings themselves are looking great and infection-free.

Keeping with the adventurous streak I was on, I also had my first-ever leg wax in preparation for my San Diego trip (because come on, who wants to shave on a beach trip? Ouch!). Definitely not as bad as I had been anticipating (and reading about). The ankles hurt a lot, though, because the skin is so thin there, but otherwise it was fine. I'm happy to not have to shave for at least a couple of weeks, especially since the weather has been heating up this week.

That wraps it up for me. Time to take some Advil to stave off this cold and do a bit of practice.

(Edit: Yes, the font changes back and forth. I can't figure out how to fix that. I've tried about everything. Oh, well.)

No comments:

Post a Comment