Friday, August 24, 2012

Day Two

Why did you continue to pole dance?

I have to admit, there were a few times in the first couple months of dancing that I thought about giving it up.  For me, those first 90-ish days or so, while also filled with a lot of achievements, were also very frustrating.  I was not nearly as strong as any of the other girls (through no fault of my own), and I wanted to be able to do everything all at once.  I have this bad habit of expecting myself to be awesome at something totally new right away, and if I don't, I get angry with myself.  But seeing everything I still had yet to attain and having accomplished quite a bit within a short time gave me hope.  I kept at it despite the "ugly voice" in the back of my head saying I'd never be as good as the others.  Almost a year later and at a new studio, sometimes I still feel that way.  But I learn something new every time I go to class, and my body has transformed greatly as a result of my perseverance.  Now that it's bloomed into a full-out passion, it's something I don't think I could ever give up on.

No comments:

Post a Comment